A lifestyle blog, with lots of photography, creating and pretty things.

Pages

March 27, 2014

Emerging in Spring Time


If I were to change the time of year for new goals and resolutions it would be to Spring Time. Everything is fresh, new life is beginning and it is a time of renewal. There is nothing fresh or new about January 1 other than a new calendar - there is still dormancy afoot.

I have gone through many renewals myself, pushed myself to reach new goals and try new things but I seem to fall short of getting to my ultimate goal. I relapse into old habits, stop pursuing that result I am craving.

I know this isn't because my goals aren't attainable, they totally are, it is more from my inability to see myself past the process of reaching a goal and living that goal. This isn't a concious decision like:

  • "I am getting articles published on some big-named websites, I'm going to stop writing now and delete my blog"
  • "I went from hating running to running a 1/2 marathon, I'm going to stop training and not run at all"
  • "I've been focusing on my health and have lost weight and gained so much energy in the process. I'm going to go back to my old habits and gain the weight back so my new clothes won't fit me"
They weren't conscious decisions but all of those are decisions I have made.

Spring is here again, I am going to move forward and push through. I am going to work on my goals and include a maintenance plan to keep living the goals I worked hard to reach.

This video from Danielle LaPorte is a good pep talk to start me on my way (and yours too).






2 comments:

  1. You can do it! You will make it happen, Harmony! You are already half way through your goals because you are aware of what you need to do and you are doing it. Keep up the good work!

    Btw, I totally feel the same way about Jan 1st v. spring with pursuing goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabi, I wasn't in my groove last week. Starting to feel better :)

      Delete