A lifestyle blog, with lots of photography, creating and pretty things.

Pages

March 20, 2014

What I'm Growing in my Garden

That little sprout up there makes me giddy. I love taking a little seed and turning it into food. I've had really good gardening years and then some that really were a lot of work for nothing. This year I'm gunning for a great harvest.
 My end goal is to make pickles from cucumbers and dill that I grow myself. Most of the seedlings above are cucumbers and there are some tomatoes coming up there on the right. I am simplifying, trying food I know works for my gardening skills and the soil/sunlight combination we have.

Giant Russian Sunflowers are going to be planted too, mostly for looks and because if they work out, we can eat the seeds. If the birds don't get them first.

I've started a Pinterest page, To Garden, come check it out.

4 comments:

  1. wow, that's so much fun! i should do the same.
    thank you :)
    kiss
    Maren Anita

    FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't started yet this year. I think we will go just with 2-3 tomato plants and hopefully our red currant will have some berries this year as well.

    ReplyDelete