Here's an assortment of odds and sods to catch up on from the past week.
- I cannot wait until these are ripe. Our long driveway is lined with blackberries and they are my perfect summer berry recipe ingredient.
- We are beyond excited for our week at the lake. I have already started to gather the important stuff for packing (books, games and yarn).
- I have harvested most of my garden and when we get back I plan on reinvigorating it with some mid to late-season veggies. The weeds right now are winning but I am coming for them. (this sunflower is 5 feet tall!)
- I functioned on less than 4 hours sleep and went to work. Not something I want to make a habit of.
- Cleaning out your fridge makes all the food inside look more appetizing (or is that just me?)
- I am not a big fan of devices for kids but if you are going to sit outside under a tree with your iPod, I can manage that - for a while anyway.
- None of my cucumbers made it. I need to buy some as I still want to make pickles.
- Going outside still in your PJ's and on the front porch I guess still qualifies for my "You can play on your iPod as long as your are getting some fresh air" rule.
- I plan on bringing my laptop to the lake and working from there today so life is good.